Be relentless in your looking, because you are the one you seek.
I can be reached at: (503) 752-3975
If you fail to cancel a scheduled appointment, I cannot use this time for another client, and you will be charged for the entire cost of your missed appointment.
I therefore request a 72-hour notice for cancellation, unless the reason is a sudden illness.
2455 NW Marshall St.
Portland, OR 97210
Instructions for switching to telehealth
In a time where we are all likely to feel more isolated, I know that *not* meeting in person with your provider can be another blow, and appreciate your flexibility in keeping me, you, and other clients safe during this unprecedented time of caution, care, and preventative social distancing.
If you need to do a phone call for our first session while we get the our tele-health routines arranged, we can start our next session by phone and orient to below instructions together. However, for your information, please find the following guidelines. As I mentioned in my previous email, I’ve done tele-health for years and most clients find this a suitable portal for their needs when we are unable to meet in person.
1) The session will be through Facetime, Zoom or Skype.
2) Technology – If you haven’t checked already, please make sure you are using (or download) Firefox or Google chrome for your internet browser when we meet. Also, to use video conferencing (so I can see you also), make sure that your computer has a functional camera connected.
3) Safe Space – If you were meeting with me in person, we meet in a private office where we are uninterrupted and you are not be required to do anything except be there for yourself. Since we are not meeting in person, I need you to make sure of your situation and space is as safe for you as possible to be however you need to be during our time together. This ideally looks like:
- Make sure you are in a room that has a door that closes, and when we meet is locked if you need to ensure that nobody is going to walk in on you.
- If we are talking by phone and it is a landline, make sure you have told anyone in your home to please not pick up the phone during the hour we will be meeting.
- Please do not be driving during therapy.
- Make sure that people cannot hear you or see you while we are meeting. This includes children if you have them. If the only space you can meet with me is from your vehicle, make sure to drive to a place where you are unlikely to be seen or recognized by people you know (e.g., co-workers, friends, family).
- If you have questions about this, or want help problem-solving on getting yourself to a place where you have the flexibility let down and open up about whatever is going on, we can start by phone and take it from there at our next appointment.