Rates, Billing and Insurance
I generally see clients on a weekly basis. My basic fee is $130 for individuals per 50-minute session. Couples counseling is $150 per session.
I ask that you pay my fee directly to me (check, cash or credit card) at the end of each session. You are responsible for payment whether or not you choose to use insurance coverage.
Insurance coverage has advantages and disadvantages. Typically I am not covered by any managed care plan, health management organization or preferred provider plan. My license may be covered by some insurance companies as a non-participating provider. You must talk with your insurer to determine whether or not my services are covered.
At your request I will provide a statement with all necessary billing and payment information that you can submit to your insurance carrier. Your bill will most likely have to state a diagnosis. It is important to determine just how much coverage you have and whether the loss of confidentiality is worth the benefit. I have chosen to remain independent of these insurance plans because they intrude on your privacy in psychotherapy and limit your choices in treatment decisions. I encourage you to discuss any questions about this with me.
I am on the panel for the following and out of network for the rest:
- Pacific Source
If I am not an in-network provider with your plan, you may have out-of-network benefits that can reimburse a portion of therapeutic services. I am contracted with Sunrise Medical Billing Services, who will assist in checking insurance benefits, letting you know exactly how much you will owe, and facilitate all in-network and out-of-network insurance claims. The session fee, your co-pay and/or co-insurance is due at the time of service.
Before your session, or with any insurance related questions, feel free to contact Scott at Sunrise Medical Billing at 360-448-7260 x1.
As a licensee of the Oregon State Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists, I will abide by its Code of Ethics. My Oregon license number is C3460.
As a client of an Oregon licensee, you have the following rights
- To expect that a licensee has met the minimal qualifications of training and experience required by state law
- To examine public records maintained by the Board and to have the Board confirm credentials of a licensee
- To obtain a copy of the Code of Ethics
- To report complaints to the Board
- To be informed of the cost of professional services before receiving the services
- To be assured of privacy and confidentiality while receiving services as defined by rule and law, including the following exceptions: 1) Reporting suspected child abuse and elder abuse; 2) Reporting imminent danger to client or others; 3) Reporting information required in court proceedings or by client’s insurance company, or other relevant agencies. If this should become necessary, I will do all I can to protect the client’s confidentiality. 4) Providing information concerning licensee case consultation or supervision; and 5) Defending claims brought by client against licensee
- To be free from being the object of discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, or other unlawful category while receiving services
You may contact the Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists, 3218 Pringle Rd SE #160, Salem, OR 97302-6132. Telephone (503) 378-5499.